In my quest for
gluten free recipes,
I have branched out
and am trying some
I made Potato Leek Soup
for dinner and served
it with cornbread.
I garnished it with
ham, cheese and onions.
It was delicious!!
- 3 large leeks, cut lengthwise, separate, clean.
- Use only the white and pale green parts, chop.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)*
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Marjoram - dash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Tabasco sauce or other red chili sauce
- Salt & Pepper
*If cooking gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free broth.
1 Cook leeks in butter with salt and pepper in a medium sized sauce pan. Cover pan, cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Check often. Do not brown leeks! Browning will give leeks a burnt taste.
2 Add water, broth, and potatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Scoop about half of the soup mixture into a blender, puree and return to pan. Add marjoram, parsley, and thyme. Add a few dashes of chili sauce to taste. Add some freshly ground pepper, 1-2 teaspoons salt or more to taste.
Yield: Serves 4-6.
Another great recipe that
I have tried recently
I'm also very excited over
finding a gluten free bread
that I really like.
It is available at Trader Joes
and other places.
Blessings to all who visit here,