Wednesday, November 28, 2012

TACO SOUP


Taco Soup
This is an old
Weight Watcher's Recipe -
I've made it for many occasions
and no one was the wiser -
it's a great hardy soup
and it's gluten free.
  
1 lg onion, chopped
1 pkg, taco seasoning mix
2 cups whole kernel corn, frozen
1 can chicken broth
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can fat-free refried beans
1 can diced tomatoes, (Mexican flavor)
1 can diced tomatoes, (any flavor)
Soften onions. 
Add all other ingredients. 
Simmer, covered, 1 hour.

Most of the time though,
I don't cook it on the stove - 
I just throw everything 
in my crockpot and let it simmer.
If I'm in a hurry,
it can usually simmer on high
for about two hours 
or
if I have all day,
I set it on low.

Sometimes I add cooked ground beef.
Most of the time,
I don't want to used 
packaged taco seasoning mix
because it might have MSG in it.

So I make my own taco seasoning.


1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Mix together and use as seasoning.

Enjoy!!
Blessings to all who visit here,
Lynn  
 


2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Hubby isn't a fan of chili so I'll have to make it next time he's out of town *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love taco soup!! And lately I have not been able to get enough soup lately! I'm a woman obsessed! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete