Mennonite Girls Can Cook
is one of my favorite blogs.
I make many of their recipes
just exactly like they are printed
and some I modify.
Yesterday, we had to take snacks
for Sunday School,
so I made this
from the recipe
on their blog with
a couple of changes.
- 2 Tbsp butter ( deleted this, but used the grease from frying my bacon instead)
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I didn't have mushrooms so I omitted these)
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper (I used a small can of chopped green chillies)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (I used sweet white onion)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (I only used 2/3 cup of milk)
- In frying pan, melt butter and cook hash browns about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and celery salt.
- Spread into greased pie plate and top with mushrooms, red pepper, onion, cheese and bacon.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and pour on top. (I added a few dashes of Tobasco Sauce)
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
This got rave reviews from
everyone who ate it,
even my husband!!
Blessings to all who visit here,