Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'D INVITE YOU OVER FOR SUSHI, BUT......

Most of you who visit here
"know" me and my philosophies.
If life gives me lemons,
I add tequila and salt,
and get on with it.

This past week,
I was not pleased
at the "lemon" I got
and even though
today is
"National Margarita Day",
I don't think I'll be adding
any libations to my "lemon".

I'm not even sure
where I'm going with this,
but remember the title of this blog -
"Rocky Creek Ramblings".

I guess I should look at this stroke of fate
as a gift -
and let me ask this,
"how many of you got a new washing machine
for President's Day?"

I thought that my washer,
which was only 7 1/2 years old
still had a lot of life in it,
but when the repair man visited it,
he gave me the dire news -
"Ma'am, I don't know how to tell you this,
but that machine is plumb wore out".

Not what I wanted to hear -
but getting a new machine
wasn't the worse part of the problem.

The worse part was dealing
with an addiction -
and no, it's not tequila.



Check out this mess -
good news is that I can't get to my stove
and hubby brought home dinner,
but before I could
move in a new washer


I had to empty a bank of
four cabinets
so the delivery many could
get to the old washer to get it out
and
bring the new one in -

and they were all stuffed full
(I didn't get a picture before I started packing).



But I did find these sweet little salt cellars -
just the right size to hold a piece of sushi.

But until I get this mess straightened out,
I won't be making any sushi.


And,
by the way,
don't bother to call me to RSVP -
my stinkin' phone is on the blink too!!

I hope my computer doesn't go next -
where would I be without you?

Blessings to all who visit here,

Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Our mom loves collecting dishes too and she needs so badly to downsize. What adorable Scottie salt cellars! Love your telephone!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFLMBO, I feel your pain Lynn, really I do, LOL First off, I really love the scottie deals, and secondly, Thats a bummer about the washing machine dying and the phone!! Thirdly, this comes just in time for uhh umm...some unfinished projects!! LOL Have fun!!! March 1st will be here like that!! LOL

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. My washer died last year and I'm not very pleased with the new one. Still I hope to live with it for a very long time. I'm starting to get quite a collection of dishes, too. Lately Rob has been buying them and I'm starting to run out of storage room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful pictures, we love your telephone - maybe Rudy's Raiser will buy me one like that??

    Al - Rudy's Brother

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly understand the pain of just moving things out of the way. Not to mention having to buy a new washing machine. Mine came with the house and it's got to be on it's last legs along with the rest of the appliances. Lots of love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved the dishes with the dogs on them. Hope you get everything done soon enough to make some sushi.

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchll

    ReplyDelete