Sunday, October 14, 2012

IT'S NATIONAL PIZZA MONTH

 My good friends,
are real foodies!!
And they are always
the first to know 
any celebration that includes pizza!!
I think it must be one
of their favorite foods - 
I know it's one of mine.

When I found out that I needed
to cut out gluten from my diet,
one of my first thoughts
was "oh no, no more pizza".
Was I ever wrong!!

I took one of my favorite recipes
and have made it gluten free!
 Even my hubby likes it!
         
Lynn's Gluten Free Deep Dish Pizza

Crust
 1 cup gluten free baking mix (+/-)
1 cup rice flour (+/-)
1 package yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 cup warm water
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon basil 
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
 2 tablespoons olive oil  

Dissolve yeast in water with sugar.  Add  1/2 of the baking mix/flour and mix.  Add olive oil and spices.  Mix in more flour until you have a good stiff dough that doesn't stick to the side of the bowl.  Knead briefly until smooth, adding baking mix/flour as neededPlace in a bowl greased with olive oil, cover,  and let rise in a warm place.

Sauce
1 can tomato paste 
(I use Contadina organic)
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion flakes  

Mix all ingredients together and set to side.   

Toppings
1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage, 
browned and drained 
Optional - mushrooms, green pepper,
pepperoni, olives, onions
Mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
  
Brown ground beef (drain if needed) and add other pizza toppings that you wish to the mixture.  Turn off the heat and mix the sauce in with the  beef mixture.  

When the crust has risen, pat out into a greased deep dish pie plate.  Top with beef mixture and cheese.

Bake in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is brown.  Let rest about 5 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!!

Blessings to all who visit here,
Lynn  
 

5 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks even bigger and better than the one we had! Please save us a slice, Miss Lynn!

    Love ya lots
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious!!! I may have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks good. We will have to try it sometime soon. I have been thinking about glutten free and thought, Oh I cant eat anything good anymore. will let you know hoe it turns out.

    Love
    Diana and Snazzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks delicious!!! I'm not eating gluten free but I'm always up for trying a healthier version of something I already like so I think I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only 10AM but you already have me drooling. We make our own pizza a lot. It always tastes better than the delivery ones.

    ReplyDelete